Which todo list app do you use on android?

I have been searching for a modern looking todo app with notification reminders and should not have too many features. Recommend a foss todo app.

2 Likes

This will surely do the job!

3 Likes

I tried it just now. Itā€™s UI seems old and has too many features. I can handle an old looking UI but it should be minimal.

I can tell you that I have tried them all and never found anything as good as tasks.org

I also use tasks.org

Tasks.org seems to work fine. Itā€™s just that it have too much features that I donā€™t need and also seems the UI style is also old. But Iā€™ll use it until I came across some better alternative. Itā€™s a good app ngl.

1 Like

Tasks.org !!! Simple, full of feature, synchro online woth paid acciunt or to your own server.

1 Like

Iā€™ve historically been into plaintext productivity (past user of Taskpaper when was still using Apple products) but now mostly use analog pen/paper.

When Iā€™m wanting a digital solution for tasks, from FDroid, I have liked Markor which uses the todo.txt paradigm. Iā€™ve also used Simpletask alongside Markor (since it can sync todo.txt tasks to the calendar). Sleek is available on Linux desktop if you are into Electron (Iā€™m not). There are other app options for todo.txt as well.

Or, Orgzly, the outliner which uses orgmode format. If you donā€™t want to sync it with EMacs command line, then consider the GUI version of Emacs.

For syncing use Syncthing.

I usually return to paper/pen, though, and make myself rewrite my entire list weekly or so which forces decisionmaking on task viability (kind of like the Bullet Journal culling process).

I sync tasks.org with my nextcloud and it works a treat. That lets me connect it to the KDE calendar and get reminders about things.

I also greatly appreciate the location based reminders with it specifically for grocery shopping.

Thanks a lot for recommending tasks.org, however I have found the app I was looking for. It is tasky on f-droid. Would recommend it to anyone looking for modern and minimal todo list app.

3 Likes

Curious to know, of an Android-compatible task manager with end-to-end encrypted sync.

The only task manager Iā€™ve come across that offers end-to-end encrypted sync as a feature is OmniFocus, which is not available as a native app on Android.