Phone w/ no longer supported GrapheneOS vs currently supported w/ DivestOS?

Phone with no longer supported GrapheneOS vs currently supported with DivestOS? (Specially talking about the Pixel 3A).

Yeah, I’ll also switch to divestOS when my Pixel 7a gets dropped out of support

I can’t really upgrade though as I need a headphone jack and they stopped headphones jacks on pixels

1 Like

That’s basically all phones at this point, you can’t use the 3A forever and I don’t see companies bringing the headphone jack back. You might just have to settle for using an adapter on a newer pixel with the extra wear it entails.

2 Likes

That’s what USB-C to headphone jack adapters are for. Here you can find suggestions: USB-C to Jack DAC compatibility list - GrapheneOS Discussion Forum . It’s long game over for headphone jacks in smartphones. Waiting for one is wasted time.

2 Likes

I’m not a cybersecurity expert, but I think it’s safe to say that an up-to-date OS is generally going to be better than an out-of-date OS which might have some extra hardening in comparison. Ultimately, bug fixes are extremely important. But as others have already mentioned, I believe the firmware is still going to be outdated, so either way it’s not ideal. However, if you can’t afford a new phone, DivestOS is probably your best bet when it comes to security and privacy.

1 Like

https://divestos.org/pages/patch_levels#osSecurity

GrapheneOS hasn’t supported the 3a in over a year, switch to my DivestOS already so you can gain:

All of those patches dramatically outweigh any extra hardening it has over DivestOS.

12 Likes