Windows Guide

I wanted to create a thread about OneDrive, but it seems like I should direct myself here for Microsoft-related questions.

1. How do I permanently remove Edge from my computer? Are there any other pre-installed softwares that I should know of to get rid of and alternatives to them? What should I be worried about and not be worried about?

2. I am moving a lot of my documents and photos from OneDrive to my physical drive. I still haven’t come up to the conclusion on which privacy-oriented service to switch to. With that said, I am also having an argument with another individual who swears on Microsoft OneDrive’s security. Equating it to Tresorit’s security, for example. I am not a privacy veteran. I am quite new to this environment and I don’t know where to find the data or statistics to show him on OneDrive’s privacy/security.

Thanks for reading.

If you’re from Europe then you can just uninstall it like any other app.

Unfortunately, I am not in Europe.

Don’t use windows :slight_smile:

I would appreciate any leads about this question. Thanks ahead!

Privacy guides has an entire page on cloud storage options

1 Like

That doesn’t answer my question I specifically asked for.

For Onedrive’s privacy, a good place to start would be their privacy policy (compared with Tresorit’s)

You’re still not being helpful. I asked for data. Some form of history, statistics and analysis specifically for OneDrive.

I think you should make a separate post about the second question instead. Although OneDrive is Windows-related, this post is about Windows configurations. The equestion is asking for specific information that IMO does not change OneDrive’s relationship to the guide’s configurations, therefore offtopic. (Although, if someone argues and shows that it does, then by all means ignore this.)

Also, I think the admins should delete the off-topic responses here, including this one.

I was suggesting a place that you could begin to help yourself answer your question rather than just relying on others.

1 Like

Well for a start Tresorit has E2EE (meaning they can’t read your files even if they wanted to) and One Drive does not.

1 Like

I would have, but from my understanding, the forums would like to stick to a single thread about topics that relate to relevant products.

It is neither the same topic nor the same product. Using a different thread makes sense. This one is already too long.

4 Likes

tryhackme.com “Windows fundmentals” rooms are very informative and talk about how Windows settings actually work, and at the end Bitlocker, The antivirus, etc…