Windows Guide

So this a great security but terrible privacy type of scenario ?

2 Likes

Edge configuration should be separated from a Windows guide and have a big warning because it constantly gets new invasive features. Edge is a constant effort to keep private, so basically more an anti-recommendation. Also MDAG will be deprecated.

1 Like

I agree, I think if we did anything in that regard should just be a blog post and not part of the main guide as that’s a better place for content which could go out of date quite quickly/need updating.

4 Likes

That won’t be the case, I will never approve a PR which recommends Microsoft Edge.

We wouldn’t recommend any browsers that don’t meet our browser criteria anyways.

7 Likes

Using Edge just because you are using windows does not make sense. In a similar vein, PG can suggest chrome on android just because it’s a Google-managed operating system, or Apple mail and notes on Apple devices.

1 Like

I actually think edge == brave in terms of privacy.

What did you smoke?

10 Likes

Typo.

I actually meant to write ltsc-hardened-edge. Can block Microsoft with postmaster too.

We don’t operate based on feelings. :slight_smile:
I have a completely different feeling that microsoft, a company putting ads on start menu, will make it worse day by day.

2 Likes

:scream: :scream:
Are you crazy??

This thing is really damn lot of work. I don’t even know why I still want to work on this thought I have switched to linux.

5 Likes

I am thinking of Outright stopping my work on the PR. Let them take whatever they want.

2 Likes

It’s a pity but I still wanna thank you for the work done.

2 Likes

I feel you. Been trying to just compartmentalize with dual-boot and isolated wifi network. But then school requires software which only works on Windows and switching OS is cumbersome and shit just starts creeping over again. Why can’t there just be a desktop equivalent of GrapheneOS that just works.

Anyho, we love and appreciate your effort as much as you hate doing it :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Thank you for the words. Despite hating to working on it. I am no longer interested on it do. Hence why, I also wanna touch the grass.

2 Likes

Well that is one of the perks of volontary work – it’s volontary. So go frolick in the green grass my friend and hopefully someone else will become our new Sisyphus Atlas later on.

2 Likes

Just let the PR open but let it die

Nature is beautiful!

3 Likes

Well, It’s been dead for 2 years. I fixed my merge conflicts and I have the preview enabled now. That’s it. It will continue being so. The main problem during the 2 years is Preview was broken.

Someone stepped on it. Hope they take some insights too. I guess. Let’s see how this comes off in the end.

3 Likes