Windows Guide

Advice

Definitely feel free to use my original post as an inspiration, but do acknowledge if you use some of it. Note: @anon34108895 has contributed the most to that post and @sha123 has also contributed.

As I said before keep it simple, do not overwhelm yourselves, we do not need to explain the purpose of each setting, at the very least their implications need to be explained (for 99% of the modified settings you won’t notice a difference), I went through the painstaking process of applying all of this, so do use my experiences to identify some implications, I identified the main ones in my original post.

To do list:

1. Combine the guides and remove overlapping information, by choosing the best parts in cases where overlapping info is present. You could use software to do this by comparing the guides as text files.

2. Use AI sparingly and strictly as a grammar checker, this is a no-brainer, but ensure to only let it edit small chunks of text at a time and prompt it to not change the meaning of the text, when it inevitably does change the meaning of the text without telling you, you should be able to notice if you go chunk by chunk. Do not risk making it format large chunks of text because it will omit things and change the meaning of things without telling you.

3. Important goal: Focus on making the guides easy to implement, scripts (or batch scripts, I don’t know the technical term) or whatever makes the process the easiest are definitely favoured, before these scripts are provided we could have a super brief description of what major settings do and effect, and how to revert them, this would mean everything should go smoothly! By major settings I mean the only settings people might notice. Assume an average computer user.
    If you do this you don’t have to bother explaining how to do it manually this will save everyone’s time! I do understand this is tricky because so many settings are changed in the baselines, heck I do not know if some settings are effecting me negatively.

I think you all know what to do, good luck!