What password manager are you using? (Poll)

For those who use multiple, pick your main one or the one that you would use if you only had the ability to pick one.

• Proton Pass
  • Bitwarden
  • KeePass
  • Psono
  • 1Password
  • Other
0 voters

I use primarily Bitwarden, but every 1ā€“2 months I export a local backup for KeePassXD.

3 Likes

I do about the same.

Bitwarden, paid account solely to support the project because it is so cheap that Iā€™m glad to contribute. I donā€™t use any Premium functionalities though.

KeePassXC on my computer. I try to update weekly but sometimes a month goes by. I do, however, export my Bitwarden vault every Sunday.

2 Likes

1Password as primary, Bitwarden as second. Sadly Proton Pass is useless to me at this moment.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been using Bitwarden for years, I pay the 10ā‚¬ a year to support the project and to manage my security keys, I donā€™t see myself changing for the moment, Iā€™ve never been disappointed.

2 Likes

Does the Bitwarden option also includes Vaultwarden in this poll?

KeePass combined with Syncthing for me for better control and more features. Sync conflicts and not being able to access passwords if I donā€™t have my USB around are annoying though.

yes

1 Like

1Password is what I recommend to my friends and family as the simplest and best all around for them to use.

1 Like

I use 1password as itā€™s the user experience I like the most. Also I like their model of the two keys. I frequently backup it up into KeepassXC.

I keep being tempted by Bitwarden, as Iā€™d like to support a company that opens the source of their products. But whenever I tried to use it, I keep going back to 1password because of the UX.

Protonpass seems like it has a nicer UX than Bitwarden, I might give it a try.

1 Like

Thereā€™s an UX refresh coming, as well as all new Android app for Bitwarden.

2 Likes

thanks for the heads up! Iā€™ll subscribe to their blog. Iā€™m eager to see and try it out

I do like Bitwarden, and use Vaultwarden myself, though 1Password is a solid choice and I think the clients are better especially with the default ā€œrecord typesā€ and just general imagery. Though not open source unfortunately.

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Do they use 1Password? For me, itā€™s hard enough to get my friends and family to just use a password manager, and I canā€™t even imagine getting them to use one without a free plan that costs ā‚¬2.65, and thatā€™s if you pay annually.

I donā€™t blame you, the UI and UX of Bitwarden clients are just awful, there is no better way to put it. But theyā€™re rewriting their Android client in Kotlin and will be using Jetpack Compose to make a beautiful Material You client.

Proton Pass is the best password manager that I have ever used. I definitely recommend giving it a shot. The development speed is incredible too, considering that Proton Pass isnā€™t VC-funded like 1Password and Bitwarden.

2 Likes

I mainly used 1Password and Iā€™m thinking about switching to Proton Pass. Is Proton Pass mature enough to replace 1Password in terms of user experience?

Bitwarden for passkeys in Android.

If you rely on Universal Autofill on macOS and managing your SSH keys, then no it isnā€˜t yet. Their app feels like an inefficient web wrapper, even more than Bitwardenā€˜s. Proton Pass is really solid on mobile, though, especially on Android where Iā€˜ve tested it.

Lets add something more

For those use bitwarden

• bitwarden official
  • vaultwarden
  • bitwarden selfhosted.
0 voters