Skiff Pages/Drive (Productivity Tools)

Another note:

Skiff Drive has every single feature in this list.

Moving this discussion from Skiff Mail because this absolutely has to be considered separately.

2 Likes

Sounds good! Happy to contribute. I think separating is a very useful idea given the questions at hand.

Also, preemptively covering that we’ve built many export features for files (pdf, doc, markdown), folders, etc.

2 Likes

Yes, its looking quite good. I’d really like to see something officially about that audit so we can give it a higher ranking.

Just for interest, when about were you looking at doing that Cure53 audit you mentioned?

I believe the listing page is sorted alphabetically. It would be helpful to ensure consistency or clarify if different sections have different sorting methods.

After seeing the thread about Skiff mail and the lack of action regarding my original post about Cryptee, I am sadly beginning to question my trust in PrivacyGuide. At first, I never doubted their intention and even defended the team when others questioned the legitimacy of the listing. However, discovering the overlap between Techlore and PrivacyGuide’s teams, as well as Techlore’s interview with the founder, does not help.

Similar to the evaluation of Skiff, we should reevaluate and make an unbiased assessment of whether that product should be listed under Productivity tools for photos/videos and docs or under the Notebook section.

1 Like

We thought about that, but there is inherent value in being top, so we try to put the things which have the most overall coverage towards the top.

We do plan on shuffling that about, but have been working on other things of late, translations etc.

That really has nothing to do with it.

We’re not saying it won’t be listed. If there was something we could link to regarding the audit/scope/when it took place and some of the source was in a tidier condition then we would certain give it preferential listing, as it would be a certainly a better product.

Worth noting that Skiff Pages/Drive is not open-source, which is another reason this has to be considered separately.

I agree with ranking things by features/recommendation/security

2 Likes

Just writing here to keep the thread alive. Any thoughts on listing Pages/Drive?

While it may not be a requirement, when is Skiff planning to open-source their drive apps?

Are they proprietary?

We’ve been planning to open-source our other apps this spring and summer. We are only limited on engineering time right now.

1 Like

We require both productivity tools and notebooks to be open-source, so I think it’s safe for me to mark this as rejected for not meeting the criteria for now.

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Require Open Source for Password Managers

Becoming open source can become the first listed Skiff product.
I am waiting for this to recommend Skiff Pages in my community.

1 Like

I’m trying to use Skiff Drive (I really like the idea of decentralized storage om IPFS) but they don’t offer any option to export all the data.

If you try to do a total export you get a message where you are told that the limit is 100MB.

I think it is very important for a drive to allow easy export of all documents (as well as, I think, a GDPR requirement).

1 Like

I think, a GDPR requirement

Can confirm, although you should take my word with a grain of salt, the privacy experts at Skiff have a different opinion on what is written in the law (irony).

2 Likes

Before commenting, did you look at the existing export options?

Drive: ZIP, individual files, or folders.
Pages: PDF, Markdown, or individual files as they were uploaded.
Mail: Individual emails, multi-select emails, or an inbox. No special export app required.

What’s your issue, exactly?

1 Like

hello Andrew,
when I talk about exporting files I mean that it should be possible to export all your files in one click.

On Skiff Drive if I try to do this (select all the files and click ‘download’) it says the limit is 100MB as screenshot.

100mb

I’m well aware too that you can download every single file or folder but that’s not what the GDPR (and common sense I might add) says.

If there is some kind of ‘export’ in the settings I have not found it, I only find the ‘import’ setting.

2 Likes

I was going to ask you to check, so thanks. This definetly is not sufficient.

1 Like