Skiff Pages/Drive (Productivity Tools)

Right now, this limitation is based on decrypting end-to-end encrypted files in memory in your browser, and then compressing the entire download to a ZIP file.

1 Like

Would suggest reading the response above. Do you have any suggestions?

1 Like

I actually do, i have experience in building solutions for this.
I cannot share the code as this is proprietary (not my call) but in essence: you could use chunks and blobs to decrypt files on the fly in the browser. You can easily go up in hunderds of gb’s this way.
A bit in the line of the answer here: html - javascript FileReader - parsing long file in chunks - Stack Overflow

2 Likes

We do this for single files, but can you do this for ZIPs? I can ask our eng team too, I personally don’t have as much context on this.

1 Like

A zip is a single file. Surely isn’t the problem here

1 Like

Yes, but we’d have to stream multiple files separately and bundle them into a ZIP. I’ll see what we can do.

1 Like

Definitely possible still.

1 Like

What’s keeping Skiff Drive from being recommended?

As of now, Proton Drive is recommended, which has a pretty weak free plan and is far from being a polished product that I would use.

The other option is Tresorit, which is not open source and there is no free plan, and their paid plans are pretty costly.

I think Skiff Drive is a good option to recommend.

2 Likes

Maybe read above?

2 Likes

Is this something you plan to solve? Is it on a roadmap? Personally, it is one of the last stumbling blocks that keep me away. Thank you!

1 Like