SimpleX connections are confusing

Example, im trying to connect to a group chat, and I cannot do anything, im not sure if im connected, it says “you are observer” or something, and to chat to an admin, but im not sure how.

Another question is about ticks. If you see one tick, what does it mean? It’s sent to the server, but not read by the contact, I guess like Whatsapp and co?

And how do you know if someone deleted your conversation or ignored you? Is it possible to know?

I have tested by creating two profiles. If I delete the contact without notification, and I try to send a message, I see a red x, so I know the other end deleted my contact. I guess there is no way around this because of the nature of the public/private key of SimpleX, which im ok with because it’s so much better than mainstream solutions.

1 Like