Secure crypto wallet for Zcash,Monero or altcoin?

Hello,I was reading https://www.privacyguides.org/ and I noticed there is no payment anonymization section available.What hot wallets and cold wallets would you recommend for privacy and security?
Being aware having a wallet dedicated solely to one currency has it’s benefits.What to do if you have to have more than one coin?Also which swapping services to use? Is there a privacy and security oriented wallet which provides you with an option to earn interest on your coins?
Monero is more for advanced users and I use it only a dedicated PC at the moment but what if I wanted ot use it on daily basis? One more thing, which Zcash wallet would you recommend for Qubes and Fedora which can be built from source or has an trusted RPM?

The reason, we don’t is because there’s many services, and we simply cannot vet them all, even the size of an exchange doesn’t really mean a whole lot. However that being said we were working on it some time ago: Add private payment methods overview by jonaharagon · Pull Request #1068 · privacyguides/privacyguides.org · GitHub which is probably something I’d like to finish off at some point.

What we would say is, any wallet which stores currency on a system you own, is an improvement to keeping it in an exchange.

ZCash, isn’t private by default unlike Monero.

Additionally, don’t spend what you can’t afford to lose.

4 Likes

First, please realize that all multi-coin wallets are terrible for privacy, so don’t use those if you value & want any privacy.

As @dngray stated, ZCash mainnet (which is the coin currently in existence) is not private by default so if you decide to use it privately then you’re only in the small subset of users doing so and that makes it easier to determine who spent what. Furthermore, ZCash prides itself on actively working with law enforcement and chainalysis companies, which we see citations on the ZCash wikipedia as evidence of this:

Blockquote
On June 8, 2020, Chainalysis added support for Zcash to their Chainalysis Reactor and “Know Your Transaction” (KYT) technologies.[21] This permits Chainalysis to trace and provide transaction values and at least the sender or receiver address for over 99% of Zcash activity.[21] Chainalysis explains that it is able to accomplish this since most Zcash users do not use privacy-enhancing features.[21] Chainalysis also cites a research paper by the RAND corporation[22] which revealed that less than 0.2% of the cryptocurrency addresses on the dark web were Zcash addresses.[21]

Monero is private by default, so it is preferred over the ZCash mainnet honeypot. The ZCash protocol, known as the tech behind it, is really impressive but the current implementation to the world is flawed. If the ZCash company was serious about privacy then they would have turned on mandatory privacy (like Monero does) many many years ago. Buyer beware.

@nuhuryqe here is video proof that ZCash works with law enforcement and chainanalysis companies

1 Like

I think he meant a method to send and receive “money” anonymously. As you mentioned any “Custodial Wallet” is not a wallet. Not your key not your coin. However, money in your pocket is not as safe either. Using crypto is just another way for you to pay for goods and services. I understand that you don’t use any crypto payment methods but some of us have that demand. So instead of saying no can you find someone that can put together a simple guild for private transactions?

You mean because the app developer could link your wallets together? What if it’s an open source wallet that’s been confirmed as “clean”?

There is no Muti-coin wallet like that AFAIK.

I currently use Guarda Wallet. Open Source Multi Crypto Wallet. Maybe try that, It supports, Monero don’t know about the other coins.

It is literally not open source. They archived their wallet sourced code since 2021 GitHub - guardaco/guarda-android-wallets: Mobile cryptocurrency wallets for Android.

Use the ones I recommended.

It ain’t something available on Desktop though.

Cake is available on Linux and macOS, you can build the windows version too, they are using Flutter.

Stack provide all platform builds in their GitHub releases Release Stack Wallet v1.10.2 · cypherstack/stack_wallet · GitHub

Interesting, I will check it out.