Migrating off of Protonmail to another secure provider

Is there an easy way to securely move emails from a protonmail account along with another linked domain under the account to a different online provider easily without losing attachments\sent\received dates on all the emails ? Any info on what to google I don’t even know where to start.

Just looking to move emails with attachments and that’s it. No calendar or address book.
Can the protonmail.com email be moved to thunderbird then switched to another account so again the attachments are saved online with sent\received dates able to be searched.

This might be what you want:

2 Likes

Thanks I’ll check that out. With their crap customer service surprised they would have any info posted.

1 Like

Also found this Reddit thread (from 3 years ago so might not work)

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/ht20nv/comment/fye9g4s/

1 Like

It does work. I keep backups of my email, as you should so I am not relying on Proton should they ever fuck up or lock me out.

2 Likes

IMHO proton has fcked up. Putting unnecessary warnings that cannot be removed on old accounts and forcing customers to open more ways to be compromised isn’t a good business model.
Am pulling all my accounts off there this week and never recommending them again.
Really what do they care if I get locked out ? It’s not like it costs them more $.

1 Like

what are you gonna use?

Literally anyone else.

1 Like

what do you think of skiff?

How is it crap? Replies within 24h and is real english support.