Recommendation for web hosting providers

Hi all,

I noticed that there are no recommendations for a specific hosting provider. Is this intentional, or just hasn’t yet been discussed?

I wasn’t part of the discussion, so I can’t say for certain why there is no recommended list. However, there isn’t really any way to know for certain how they conduct their business. There are audits, licenses, and their reputation, but that’s about it. Since there is no certainty here, unlike open-source software which you can audit yourself, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to list them on PG.

There are also plenty of other sites and lists that compare web hosting providers, so you can just take a look at any one of those. Assuming you are looking for more free-speech oriented hosting providers, you can take a look at the following lists:

1 Like

Since there is no certainty here, unlike open-source software which you can audit yourself, it doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to list them on PG

This makes sense. I’d imagine one choice on choosing a provider would be to take into account the 5, 9, and 14 eyes - choosing a hosting provider in one of these jurisdictions may have specific repercussions in scenarios this is involved with.