Proton Pass taken off Recommended Tools for PG

I was browsing the recommendations tools area and noticed that Proton Pass is not listed anymore. I have searched the forum for any confirmation but cant find anything except the discussion about it not saving newly created passwords and also the issue with not requiring a master password on apps. Is there anything that Im missing? Did something else happen? Very curious about this because ive spent days and days working on setting proton accounts up and migrating. Honestly, I find proton to not work that well and constantly using copy/paste to sign into accounts, and having the app freeze when trying to use autofill. Im also using apple products. It has always concerned me with not asking for master password, but everyone/other websites/forums all rank it has the best and now PG doesnt even have it listed. To be clear, Im not complaining or debating at all. Honestly, Im just curious.

Proton Pass was never listed on Privacy Guides at any point. You can verify this by checking the history of the Password Managers page: History for docs/passwords.md - privacyguides/privacyguides.org · GitHub

Proton Pass has not been approved for recommendation. Please see the following discussion that is still active:

5 Likes

Gotcha! Sorry for the misinformation. Im new to the site/forum and did not catch that. If this question needs to be removed to prevent confusion with the forum criteria/rules then I would like to remove it, or if the moderators think it may help, then leave it. Whats your advice?

probably just marking Redoomed’s reply as the solution would be best

Why Proton Pass isn’t recommend?

They are completely separate websites, no relation at all.

1 Like

Duplicate of: Proton Pass (Password manager)