Proton Calendar is not Open Source (Mobile)

Fact that code is not updated doesnt mean its been abandoned as it may have reached so-called code maturity where no new features are added, and code should be regarded as feature rich and complete.

Did he mean up to date, not updated?

If I understand correctly, this thread is all about why Proton doesn’t update their Calendar’s source code. The source has been archived since 2021. Therefore, the source that’s available to the public currently is not up to date regardless of the current binary update releases.

up-to-date = update. They are synonims.

There is a big difference between wanting proton to do more open source and develop in transparency and calling the company suspicious.

Proton has always been late with publishing the source code and surely we all would like to see that change.

Spreading fear of proton abbondoning privacy and being suspicious while this has never been different is only harming proton and our community.

1 Like

I never called the company “suspicious”, please read my messages before spreading wrong accusations.

Spreading fear of proton abbondoning privacy and being suspicious while this has never been different is only harming proton and our community

???

I’m also a Proton user as I said in my previous message but without being a blind fanatic like you seem to be; Proton offers excellent products, but what’s happening with Proton Calendar goes against some fundamental criteria set by our community, namely the transparency of the products we recommend for anyone attached to privacy.

I’ll say it again, it’s not the company we’re criticizing, but what they’re specifically doing with Proton Calendar, which deserves to be pointed out, and it’s perfectly normal that in these circumstances we’re considering to temporarily remove this service from PG, until Proton has taken the necessary steps to bring back greater transparency to the Proton Calendar source code.

2 Likes

I never said you did. The person I replied to earlier did.

Anyway I personally don’t trust them, for some reason they seem suspicious to me.

First of all you should remove this from link

3 Likes