Remove Proton Drive

I was about to use Proton Drive as my main cloud storage then i realized that Proton Drive’s repository has been archived by the owner on Aug 11, 2021. It is now read-only.

So it is so outdated with no plans for any development, So could you delete it from the recommendations?

source:

All of Proton’s web clients were moved to this repo:

I’m not sure about their native clients, but IIRC they are in Beta and so their source may not (yet) be available. Don’t quote me on that though, I didn’t look too hard :slight_smile: (but if that is a concern to you we can look into it further).

5 Likes

Addendum: Reddit - Dive into anything

As was the case with past Proton releases, [the source code for mobile Proton Drive apps] will arrive a little bit afterwards when we have the bandwidth to address community contributions and answer issues which are opened. Most likely before end of this year [2023] once we get through the initial rush of quickly pushing out the most requested improvements to the apps.

This is reasonable, this is how Proton has handled open-source releases in the past, so I don’t think they would stop releasing open-source code now.

1 Like
2 Likes