Opinions on Windscribe VPN?

Windscribe had one of their servers seized without a warrant by Dutch authorities. https://x.com/windscribecom/status/2019529769008685438
THIS IS NOT A DRILL: The Dutch authorities, without a warrant, just seized one of our VPN servers saying they

Since when did the Netherlands become a lawless country?!

Windscribe: “no BS advertising”

Also Windscribe: Best VPN for Public Wi-Fi Security | Windscribe (blatantly making the “public wifi is dangerous, if you use it you will get hacked” bullshit claim)

Yea nah I think I’ll pass

Unless I am missing something

Public Wi-Fi is a playground for cybercriminals. Whether you’re at a coffee shop, airport, or that sketchy hotel with “complimentary” internet, your data is at risk.

is not the same as

I think its generally agreed upon that public wifi is a risk to your data. I don’t see much of an issue there.

I also think the “Tips to Stay Safe on Public Wi-Fi” provided are pretty common sense useful tips.

That’s not a bullshit claim. You have no idea who’s in control of that network and what they’re doing with it. Research DNS poisoning and downgrade attacks. Here’s some articles to get you started.