Looking to move away from YouTube?

I’m looking to move away from YouTube due to all its privacy concerns but it’s also a major source of my entertainment. Is there a way to access YouTube content whilst being private?

Also read the yellow “Warning” admonitions under each card

1 Like

I wanted a web app so Invidious and Piped seem like the only option. I tried out piped but I’m getting an error called 1002 video playback error.

I like using yewtu.be (invidious instance). There are many to choose from if that doesnt work

Another option is Grayjay (futo.org) which is a multi-platform video app. If a creator has eg video on Odysee and Youtube, it will automatically play it from Odysee. that’s a good way to steer traffic away from Youtube with minimal pain. Only problem are the comments.

Use front end that proxies connection to google servers. This will solve situation at most cases.

For example:

Tried creating an account and it says “Please read why you can’t use an account anymore: Why yewtu.be was down? (July 2023) · GitHub

As mentioned in one of the earlier comments, I tried out piped but I’m getting an error called 1002 video playback error.

I had another doubt, why does it say this for the tip for Piped: “It does not provide privacy by itself, and we don’t recommend logging into any accounts.”

What exactly does it mean by it doesn’t provide privacy and why should we not log into any accounts. By this do they mean accounts of other websites or is it that we should use piped in guest mode?