Keyspace (Password Manager)

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum, and I hope I’m using the correct tags. A few days ago, a friend in a group suggested a Password Manager app called Keyspace, which I found interesting after seeing what it offers on its website.

I must say that since it’s a relatively unknown service, I decided to ask about it here in case anyone has heard of it before. At least the Android app has a GNU GPLv3 License, according to its GitHub.

Mod note: I’m moving this from Questions to Tool Suggestions, not because the OP is suggesting Keyspace necessarily, but because it makes more sense for the discussion to evaluate and then approve or reject it like any other software.

2 Likes

It doesn’t support iOS

1 Like

Looks clean and nicely convenient for me. Indeed, as @Nostradamus said, it doesn’t offer the same multi-platform availability as it’s listed competitors, but I’m really looking for it.

1 Like

It looks interesting, but currently does not have any kind of “about us” page, so we don’t really know the people behind this product. Also, it hasn’t had any audits as far as I can tell, and the device support is currently very limited; only Android and Browser extension are supported.

2 Likes

Thanks, I wasn’t sure which category to put it in :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I have noticed the same thing. At the moment, I see that the website and the information they provide are quite basic. I thought it was appropriate to mention it here, perhaps in the future, they will address those issues.

1 Like

Yes, it’s something I had noticed too. But since I saw on their roadmap that it’s a work in progress, I imagine that a version for iOS will be released in the future.

I forgot to do an update, in Keyspace’s official Discord, one of the developers announced that ‘Keyspace is no longer in active development, but will continue to operate and remain online for the foreseeable future.’

So going forward we will not be actively working on new features for Keyspace (at least for the short term), however we will continue to operate the service and keep the app and servers running. We are going to continue to use this app ourselves and we don’t want Keyspace to die, so we will also be taking the following steps to allow the community and ourselves to continue to work on it going forward:

• We are going to open-source the backend server for Keyspace, and make it self-hostable
  • We are going to add support for deleting your account within the app
  • We will add an export feature to allow you to export all your data if needed

It’s an excerpt from one of the messages.