Introductions thread!

Hi folks, Eirikr70 here,
No dev or numsec or whatever. Just someone who doesn’t like giving their data to Dr G and Mr F. GrapheneOS user and self hoster for the sake of keeping my data where they belong : at home !

6 Likes

Hello, JameyBear reporting in.

I dabble a little in basic scripting for Linux when it doesn’t do what I want by default, however Windows needs to be my primary OS for too many reasons to count.

I am very slowly accumulating the knowledge I need to have myself and, more importantly, my children, proceed into the future more security and privacy minded.

6 Likes

Hi,
I am Snowdrop, got interested in taking privacy more seriously and started to step by step switch my stuff over to more secure places. The recommendations were extremly useful for that.
Thank you all for your great work.
Best regards,
Snowdrop

8 Likes

Hi,
I’ve been a longtime reader of Privacy Guides and interested in security and privacy issues.
As a result, among other things, I set up a personal server with several services and invested in a Pixel6 running GrapheneOS!

10 Likes

Hi everyone!
I go by Uncover and I’m a big fan of privacy/security and FOSS stuff. I’m currently also a moderator at The New Oil and love to learn and help others learn about this important and interesting topic!

7 Likes

Hello there!

I’ve been in the old PTIO forums with the same user name.

Just a pedestrian user (I dont work in the IT/Computing Industry) with inclination towards computing, privacy, and gaming (less so these days). I work in the health industry.

Just got back to android (with a new Graphene OS) after about a year or so trying iOS for the very first time. It felt dirty but the experience is oh so nice and streamlined.

Also, privacy is still dead and we are the still the zombies shambling about its grave. We await the prophesized necromancer that will avenge us from the surveillance capitalist overlords. And other stuff…

6 Likes

Hi all! I’m an extreme privacy advocate and security researcher. I’m interested in contributing to this community with my decades of knowledge on these topics.

I’ve been using Linux & BSD for 20+ years. I enjoy hacking on Android devices and hardening them for myself, my friends, and my family. I’ve been using GrapheneOS for years & Edward Snowden recently told us he’s a fan too.

I think big tech is extremely toxic and encourage people to use privacy front-ends whenever possible. For those not familiar, these are like condoms for using big tech services and help protect your privacy. As some here already know, I’m not a fan of Apple and their fake privacy kingdom – they’re very good at marketing, but they actively work against user privacy and security.

We all need to learn together, but a world without big tech and the surveillance they conduct is a better world.