There were a few threads about this on the previous forums, I’m wondering what experiences people have had with these tools.
There seems to be two main kinds of networks, those which are self contained (can only access things on that network, a bit like .onion, .i2p etc and those which aren’t, and are essentially crowd sourced VPNs.
With the latter I think there are some trust related issues this article points out Comparing dVPNs and centralized VPNs for privacy protection .
- Diode Network · Discussion #547 · privacyguides/privacyguides.org · GitHub
- Add Lokinet · Discussion #810 · privacyguides/privacyguides.org · GitHub
- HOPR, a general purpose anonymous routing protocol on a blockchain · Discussion #318 · privacyguides/privacyguides.org · GitHub
- Decentralised VPN - Mysterium Network · Discussion #347 · privacyguides/privacyguides.org · GitHub
- Sentinel dVPN
I think the two major obstacles:
- Self contained: What is actually on there that you want to access?
- Open: Should you trust the node to not be logging, are there enough of them?