Cloudflare and Yubico offer yubikeys for $10

I just noticed that Cloudflare and Yubico are now giving a huge discount on Yubikeys though the zero trust platform. If you get an Cloudflare account and go to zero trust. Or read more here:
https://www.cloudflare.com/products/zero-trust/phishing-resistant-mfa/

I thought to share this because this is a deal you don’t want to miss :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Note that these are Yubico Security Keys (the blue ones) and not YubiKey 5s. These won’t support more advanced features like PGP, but they will support SSH keys with ed25519-sk. And of course they’ll support U2F/WebAuthn/FIDO2 for website authentication. Double-check whether they’ll work for you before buying.

2 Likes

Not sure where you got that information @jonah but that is incorrect. I got an offer now in the mail for Yubikey 5C and Yubikey 5 NFC.

2 Likes

This is a great deal. I got the information from the blog post though, per the email offer I also just received:

For a limited time, we’re excited to surprise you with an upgrade to our multi-protocol YubiKey 5 Series!

Good news for everyone who gets this. A few months from now (since I’m guessing this offer will always be available from Cloudflare) I assume they will just be offering the regular security keys like I said.

Interesting there’s also a minimum of 2 for this offer… But people should get two anyways as a backup so can’t complain too much.

I am pretty sure that is the reason indeed they mandate ordering two. If you want to enroll in advanced protection of Google you also need a minimum of two. I think Cloudflare might want to do the same.

When I got the initial message it only stated it was an temporary offer, I wasn’t 100% sure about what keys it would be, so I kinda believed you at first but it had images of other yubikeys on the post.

Has anyone received the code yet? How many days did it take you to get it?

I requested the code when this offer was originally posted and just received the code at 8 PM last night.

I requested it 5 days ago and got the email today.

received email. I buy 4 x YubiKey 5 NFC ( Total 40 USD ), Normal price 1 x YubiKey 5 NFC 45 USD

This is interesting, and their zero trust plan have a free version: Zero Trust Services Plans & Pricing – What are the changes of getting this offer still being on the free plan?

There are none the free plan offers this too. I ordered the maximum amount with discount.

I think they still offer this until supplies last or until the end of the year IIRC.

You just have to activate ZeroTrust before you can get an offer. You don’t have to actually use it on your devices/computers/network. I did get mine recently - mind you, I use them as a domain provider.

I was thinking of using either CF or Njalla and this offer really swayed me to them. I figure, I will pay for domain service with my credit card in my real name anyway.