Add specific icon for web app on ios/macos and adaptive icon

I am using privacy guides’ forum a lot and hence I have it installed as web app. However this gave me a really ugly squared icon in my dock. (yes ikr a big problem)

Now I made an png icon that makes it into a perfectly fit icon for my own use. But thought maybe you just want to configure it.

2 Likes

I have a bit of astigmatism and I just realized that the white of logo was off-center and now my OCD is being triggered hard :laughing:

You mean the white inside the logo @HauntSanctuary? Isnt that supposed to be like that.

2 Likes

It is. Now that it has been zoomed in, I had long thought that that was due to my poor eyesight

Haha okay, I think who ever designed it made it as shadow tho. I only rounded the corners according to Apple’ standard.

1 Like

Updated the icon lol :+1:

2 Likes

a lot better thank you!
one frist world problem less.

I still hope one day web apps will support adaptive icons in android but have not looked into this myself yet. But this is a big improvement already haha.

1 Like

Don’t take this at any priority, but this would be really nice to add:

So it seems possible to have maskable/adaptive icons for PWA’s

Unless Discourse allows for overriding the web app manifest file, I’m not sure PG can do much here about the PWA setup. Might be a better feature request for Discourse to apply to all forums, not just this one.

1 Like

I mean sure might be good to add this to discourse as a whole, but I don’t think it has the webmanifest by default anyway. GrapheneOS’ Discuss f.x. does not have this.

That’s because GrapheneOS uses Flarum, not Discourse. Signal’s forum uses Discourse and has the PWA feature.

2 Likes