Kris
(Kris)
October 3, 2026, 3:14pm
1
Hi
vutuv is a social network. Think of it as a fast, secure and less annoying open-source alternative for LinkedIn, Facebook and X.
There’s definitely no recruiter spam there—it’s a social network by geeks, for geeks.
What do you think?
Here’s what I don’t like:
Can I view profiles and posts on vutuv without signing up?
Yes. Every profile and every public post can be viewed without an account. For example: Stefan Wintermeyer · Founder @ Wintermeyer Consulting - vutuv ›
Apparently it’s been around since at least 2017 and the creator / someone involved is banned on HN for spam / AI comments .
Just what I noticed initially. It seems like a great idea!
Kris
(Kris)
October 3, 2026, 4:12pm
3
where you see he is banned on HN? I can’t see it in the links
Turn on showdead in your profile.
I’d appreciate an alternative to LinkedIn.
One that’s 90% less cringe. It’d still be mid, but at least we’d be dealing with a manageable level of mediocrity. At least it’d be 90% less painful to use.