Which browsers could I safely use on Fedora?

So this doesn’t answer the entirety of question 4, but as for Chromium vs. Flatpak, it seems that PG advises people to avoid using the Flatpak version of Brave. This is because (according to them) Flatpak replaces Chromium’s sandbox with Flatpak’s inferior sandboxing. I haven’t seen any information on whether this is also the case for Firefox or GNOME Web, or how Flatpak compares to Snap.

There was a somewhat recent discussion about it here and it looks like @jonah and @sha123 disagreed on the security impact Flatpak may have on Chromium and Firefox. I’m not too sure who is in the right because I’m not an expert, so the more technical details go over my head. I wish I could just point to a reputable cybersecurity organization that has a solid position on this so that we could get a clear answer, but aside from the small mention of Brave Flatpaks on Privacy Guides, it looks like the answer is sort of unclear… unless someone who knows what they’re talking about chimes in on this thread with sources and/or reasoning. :sweat_smile:

As for Snaps, it seems like AppArmor (which is used by Snap for sandboxing) might not work on Fedora… So installing browsers as Snaps on Fedora might not be a good idea, but honestly, I have yet to see any clarification on this so I have no clue.