What is the best firewall app for android?

Iam looking for a firewall app on android and there are many options like NetGuard, TrackerControl, InviZible Pro and Karma Firewall.

What i really want in the chosen firewall is:

• Being able to block app from connecting to the internet on mobile data or wifi or both.
  • Controling the ability of apps to connect to LAN network.
  • Stoping trackers or have another app to stop it. (Need suggestions please).
  • Having the ability to use DOH built-in.

P.s i don’t have a custom rom and it is so hard to have it in my country unfortunately.

Would you kindly help me finding the best of them all?

1 Like

Of the options you listed, only Invizible Pro even meets your needs. So there’s nothing to choose here, really. Though: You may prefer TrackerControl with Android’s built-in Private DNS (but that’s DoT not DoH).

1 Like

Would RethinkDNS be an option?

2 Likes

Of course, it makes for a pretty good option!

(disclaimer: I co-develop rethinkdns)

1 Like

+1 for RethinkDNS

1 Like

What is the difference? I use private DNS and my browsers use DoH.

I use PCAPdroid if I am not sure what app makes connection, that I want to block with DNS. I could not find any app more useful, than NextDNS do.

1 Like

There’s plenty difference, but none that matters in the context of encryption.

I pointed that out because OP specifically asked, “the ability to use DOH built-in”.

I’ve been happy with Adguard and RethinkDNS.

1 Like

While NetGuard doesn’t require root, I think non-root firewall apps on Android are not as powerful as rooted firewall apps or firewall apps that come bundled with the OS (such as Datura firewall with CalyxOS).

Also, unless you absolutely know what you are doing with the firewall, don’t root. Just a note to remember.

1 Like