Thoughts on DuckDuckGo AI Chat?

Thoughts on DuckDuckGo AI Chat?

1 Like

All AI is trained on all information that’s publicly available and will definitely violate copyright. I don’t trust any AI chatting service tbh, even something like Leo from Brave or DDG Chat in this case.

I use a search engine to search, simple as that.

2 Likes

IF you want to interact with an LLM and you don’t want to run one locally, DDG AI Chat if probably one of the most private options.

Since hallucinations are an inherent feature of LLMs and I only ask questions when I expect answers I can trust, I don’t ask questions to or seek for answers from LLMs.

That totally depends on how you use the AI bots. I am using GPT-4o and it’s impressive in a lot fields such as assisting in code writing, drafting proposals, generating synthetic data, data analysis and manipulation as well as finding organisations that mine can partner and etc.

I am even thinking of creating a Privacy GPT, yeah that might seem funny at the beginning, but I don’t have a personal plus account.

1 Like

What do you mean by this?

I have to clarify, I think AI as a whole is garbage, over glorified code, that strings together illogical sentences based on probability. I strictly use it for language-focused purposes, such as paraphrasing.

Having the audacity to say that electric circuit boards can be intelligent, will hopefully be looked on back in the future as complete nonsense. To create intelligence requires understanding consciousness, and to know anything is to know everything, so I do not think AI will ever exist. In fact, if we do not understand consciousness, how can we understand, define or even claim that intelligence exists? We can’t.

As for my practical experience with AI, I have used chat bots for around 2 years intensively, they are completely useless except for what I said before.

1 Like

On a similar topic, what is the best way (free and private) to access these LLMs? Which one is the best? I saw some FOSS software that let’s you run it locally, is this the way to go?

Please see Add AI Chat tools

1 Like

You can provide knowledge sources to a chatbot and instruct it to give answers based on them. I wanna add a custom prompt to act like privacy advocate, cybersecurity expert, and define criteria’s to suggest software and methods. After collecting sources like PG, techlore etc, the GPT will only use these as sources. So, you can get replies for privacy questions and build a threat model, and get step by step guidance etc.

3 Likes

Sounds like a great idea, they need this for scientific textbooks ASAP!!!