Skiff Mail (Email Provider)

Skiff seems like a cool newcomer, especially regarding Protons inability to solve problems within their applications.

What is Skiffs; answer to/version of, this Protonmail setup:
External email → Simplelogin alias → (PGP+generic subject field) → Protonmail alias → Protonmail inbox

Thanks in advance

3 Likes

@amilich Please make Android apps available under “releases” in GitHub.

A lot of us use Obtainium to obtain and update our apps or use RSS feeds to get notified about new releases and update manually.

2 Likes

Oh, great idea.

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to use the Skiff Mail app through Tor for 10 minutes with no success. Skiff needs to do some work on being usable over Tor.

2 Likes

@amilich After trying for more than half an hour, I can say that the Skiff Mail app is unusable over Tor.

1 Like

What platform are you on?

We’ve been working on this and had some success. But, some Tor exit nodes are blocked by either hcaptcha (signup) or may have issues.

I think we have a great solution :slight_smile:

For as little as $2 per year, you can get a custom domain through Skiff where we will privately register it for you within minutes. You can then have unlimited alisaes on that domain.

Instead of going through alias → PGP → other alias, mail will simply be encrypted with your Skiff account public keys - including the subject - and go to your inbox. Skiff Mail’s client blocks trackers (if you enable remote content blocking) and proxies all image requests to hide your IP and all other identifying data.

5 Likes

I’m using Skiff Mail’s Android app, and I’m routing my traffic trough Tor with Orbot.

I switched my Tor circuit (which switches exit node too) a lot of times and still no success.

By the way, I’m already logged in to my account, it just doesn’t load my emails.

1 Like

Helpful to know. And this loads if not?

1 Like

Okay, so I have another complaint. I picked up a Pro plan with my $10 worth of credits. Then I saw that you can downgrade, so I did that to save $6 of my credits, and now I noticed that $4 are gone from my bank account, and I wasn’t aware that I will be paying with my real money, not credits.

(I contacted support for a refund)

2 Likes

That logo just keeps spinning forever and doesn’t load emails.

1 Like

When can we expect these APKs to be under “releases” on GitHub?

2 Likes

I’ve been using Skiff for a few weeks now. While I did encounter a few bugs, the overall experience is fine.
But I believe that the speed of the platform might prevent users from migrating. For instance, downloading email attachments takes a significant amount of time, especially for relatively larger files (e.g., 10MB).

I also appreciate efforts made by Skiff to improve security and privacy and listening to the community.

If there was a vote to decide whether to list Skiff or not, I would have voted for it to be included.

3 Likes

You can vote, it already has 16 votes.

3 Likes

Thank you! I can look into attachment downloading, that is really helpful to know. What other speed issues do you have? We’ve tried to make Mail a lot faster recently.

As Lukas said, you can vote at the top :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let me try adding the latest one now (I believe v59.0).

1 Like

I created a tag and release, but all you really want is the APK file instead of the entire repo. Does this still help?

1 Like

APK file should be under assets in that release (Release Android - v59.0 · skiff-org/skiff-org.github.io · GitHub). As of now, there is no APK file under assets.

Here you can see an APK file under assets: Release v3.0.14 · ProtonMail/proton-mail-android · GitHub

2 Likes

Done! Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks I really appreciate that Skiff listens to users and improve the service according to the feedbacks.
For the transfer speeds, I had troubles while downloading attachments and files from the Drive.

I voted, I think Skiff really deserve to be listed.

2 Likes