Should I Delete WhatsApp?

Hi
I converted about +100 friends to Signal. My family (mostly older, less tech-savvy people) is still only on WhatsApp. I would love to only chat on signal, but I do not want to miss out on important family updates. What is the best way to move forward? Delete WhatsApp and communicate that I am only available on Signal / just use WhatsApp for some of my contacts.
It is really difficult to explain to them that Signal is better because Whatsapp is also “E2EE”.

2 Likes

That is really impressive and rare! What was the approach that worked for you?

2 Likes

Delete WhatsApp and communicate that I am only available on Signal / just use WhatsApp for some of my contacts.

I’m not the best person to answer this as I haven’t been able to leave Whatsapp, but does Whatsapp allow autoreplies? If so you could mute whatsapp notifications and have an autoreply that states you don’t actively check Whatsapp and that people should contact you via Signal if they want a quick reply.

2 Likes

You can use GitHub - adeekshith/watomatic: Auto reply app helping you move away from less private messengers like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger

2 Likes

I proposed to make our group on signal. I said i wanted to test the service with them

1 Like