You’re right, it’s at ~360M right now. I’m now improving the index architecture, so inserts are paused. But I already have over 100GB of compressed data waiting to be inserted. I believe that would cross 400M
I’m keeping you all updated here PriEco Quality Benchmarking - #8 by JojoYou
If I understood correctly how Mwmbl works, inside it’s a completely different project to PriEco
PriEco is actually 2 months older than Mwmbl, but for 3 years of its existence, I was trying to create something like Kagi, or more closely to SearX, SearXNG as I didn’t know about Kagi back then. As I don’t believe paying for web search engine by default is viable option for most people, I wanted to keep it fully free. Which isn’t possible
So, I worked on PriEco Crawler. PriEco Index is just months old, while Mwmbl is 4.5y
And as I reached 300M, I shifted my focus from scale to crawling the exact URLs PriEco users would need
Mwmbl also runs on a donated VPS, I own my hardware
I see I could seem negative here. I am truly not trying to be, in fact I learned some stuff from Mwmbl too
Their new UI is much better than the last one, and they do certainly have an architectural advantage compared to me in search speed
Edit: Also, I have an idea I should do regardless, because of it PriEco will get close to 500M after I’m done improving the index architecture