NotesHub

Check this box to affirm you have no conflict of interest.

on

Website

Short description

Note-taking tool, Offline first, Cross platforms, Markdown, Mermaid, Latex, Whiteboard, Kaban, Affordable price, BUT not open source. Personally use it as a Joplin alternative.

Why I think this tool should be added

It provides custom storage options like Joplin, I’m not sure if Local, Git/GitHub sync, or third-party tools like Syncthings is secure enough.

Section on Privacy Guides

Notebooks

The app looks super useful, but i don’t think it’s privacy respecting at all.

From their privacy policy “We want to inform you that whenever you visit our Service, we collect information that your browser sends to us that is called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser version, pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.”

I also think the argument of offkine first does not help, as the app is paid and has to be purchased on google play.

Maybe I’m missing your point.

3 Likes

Thank you for reminding me about the log data.

My first reason to suggest it was because I thought offline-first storage means users own all the data, and users have options to choose how it stores or even use other reliable security software as a combination such as Syncthings and Cryptomator.

Secondly, I’m just so happy to find a tool that can replace Joplin in my daily-use functions, and I like the About Me which the author wrote.

In conclusion, I’m not a tech pro, so I can understand that might not be a qualified suggestion in PG. Whatever this suggestion should be rejected or not, I’m glad to hear any of your reminders!

1 Like

https://www.privacyguides.org/en/notebooks/#minimum-requirements

• Clients must be open source.

Wow, certificate error…

Looks like another scam from India

Looks like a different URL from what OP posted, Anyways, this thread should be closed as it doesn’t meet privacyguides criteria.