Nitrokey 3 (Hardware Security Key)

Tbh, I regret buying nitrokey 3. First of all, they only works with UPS, so they(you) have to pay insanely expensive posting price, whereas I can find yubikey with no extra cost for shipping.

When you have a look at the features comparison, it supports TOTP code, but when you go to the nitrokey app page, it says macOS is not supported. iOS is also not supported. Apps are buggy and you need to work on terminal.

On one page, it says you can compile for MacOS, but when you install it from command line, one of dependencies is not compatible with macOS. And, I am not quite familiar with coding, so it took me for hours.

I changed the device pin using Brave and everything seemed fine. But I received wrong pin error when configuring fido2 authentication. Then, I reset and change the pin using command line and I still receive error. I could open topics on support, but really got tired of spending time.

I really bought Nitrokey in order to support open source development, but I believe it’s not ready unless you have some coding skills.

Edit: grammar

2 Likes