JDownloader: Is It Secure?

I’d get them from their official GitHub/GitLab page if theyre open source. Otherwise from their official source (usually still the PlayStore/AppStore.

1 Like

I appreciate your reply!

I’m checking it out now.

A question about safe sites to download from may need its own thread.

I’m still doing research for our community because just about everyone: companies and private individuals is leaving the written word and moving exclusively to video for everything: How To Guides, Video Blogs, FAQs, Answering user questions in the form of “Question and Answer” videos and video just seems to becoming more popular for people to get their message out in general.

**JDownloader seems to have a VERY strong following online as it’s updated frequently and is open source, however I’m still worried about this JDownloader sending breaking user privacy and transmitting personal data like real names of users, what files are downloaded etc.

This quote REALLY bothers me:**

*This only applies to the windows installer offered on our main download site.

JDownloader can be free because we offer additional software during the installation process.
This means, that there is an extra screen during the installation that explains the offer, and gives you the option to uncheck it."

also when discussing cli downloaders

is nice

There is 1DM on Android that’s nice. When it comes to all-rounder downloader I don’t think anything comes close to jd2

Remove Promos in jdownloader completely:

Settings → Advanced Settings > Filters Settings

Search - premium alert, oboom, Special Deals, Donate

disable (user mode)

1 Like

I appreciate your reply!

What if we used a completely different approach?

Instead of using an App, which requires an installation and opens the user up to security holes what about just using a website instead?

I was recommended this as the best “video downloader site”:

2 Likes

JDownloader does more than just download videos. It is also used for bulk downloading images or for downloading from 1-Click-Hosters

1 Like

Just use Invidious and click download video (supported on most instances). No need for third-party software

1 Like

I appreciate your replies!

This is the first time I’ve come across Invidious but I’m researching it now.

I keep reading some negative reviews about JDownloader coming bundled adware/spyware? It really worries me!

1 Like