Is there a reccomended way to delete GroupMe to remove as much of my data as possible?

I completely forgot I had this. Lots of memories from groups I was in 10+ years ago. Technically, it counts as a big tech messenger as it’s owned by Microsoft and it isn’t encrypted.

My account is tied to my old gmail address and phone number. There is an option to export your data, which I’ve already done. There is also an option to close the account.

Has anyone done this?

Would you reccomend I manually delete all of my messages before I close the account? The only way to do this is one by one, which is going to SUCK considering that some of my groups have 100,000+ messages. My browser has already crashed multiple times trying to scroll through half of it. Any tips?

Try digging through their privacy policy to see if closing the account actually deletes your messages or just anonymizes them, like Discord/Telegram. If not, might as well write a script to handle it for you