Firefox profiles: Private, focused spaces for all the ways you browse

It’s been 6 months. We’re on FF 150. The new UI launched with FF 144 and I still do not have it. I have now come to understand from Firefox forums that the new profile management UI does not import the data from the old profile management UI. This bug was reported to Firefox, and they are allegedly working on it.

To me, this is unacceptable.

How can Firefox launch a new UI for an existing feature and not make the new UI available to the people who already used the feature?

I refuse to believe that Firefox did not know that existing profiles users would not be able to use the new UI. It was a deliberate choice by them.

This is terrible implementation.

They should have never launched the new UI without making sure legacy profile users could use it. Firefox launched the new UI as if profiles was a new feature when it isn’t. Six months have passed, and they have done nothing to fix this bug. Firefox prioritized new users over existing users.

I am beyond disappointed. They really suck.

2 Likes