Element X is on F-Droid and is reproducible!

The new shiny Matrix client Element X is on F-Droid and is published as a reproducible build!

7 Likes

Any table that compares matrix clients? I like schildichat.

Thats good news, I experimented Element / Element X as Telegram / Google meet / Jitsi replacement for the community I take part in, but I had to drop Element due to lack of feature and feature lconsistency across apps and platforms.

Hope they could catch up soon so I can convince ppl to move away from Telegram and Google meet.

Element X and SchildiChat Next are next generation of Matrix clients that will replace Element and SchildiChat.

1 Like

Not really a comparison but you can filter by features. For example, Element doesn’t support multiple accounts but Fluffychat does.

They should add option to login by scanning qrcode (like whatsapp) or giving a code to my account (like Telegram) and If I login this way then forward my security key and get all my encrypted messages on new device cauz current way to recover encrypted messages is hell I did not got success a single time.

1 Like

agree, this should be standard already. very bad UX that they dont have this for matrix

hmm schildi chat still way better, i logged into matrix with elementx and couldnt even search for rooms properly :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Because Element X is in beta.

2 Likes

I actually have been using element x with a bridge for this. The Element X app still feels very non-native when scrolling through many messages, but it’s better than their normal app.

How much rooms can it handle?

i have not hit any limit, but again i suggest you to search yourself.

Hmm also had no luck with room search. I mean where is the option?

You can’t join the rooms, yet. The client is still in beta.

I don’t see much improvement against regular element. It’s still damn slow. I still see turning circles on my screen and have to wait sometimes when i scroll back because nothing is loading.

it’s in beta