I’ve been using a VPN for a while, but sometimes I wonder if I’m actually using it when I need to.
I usually leave it on, but I’m not sure if there’s any real benefit when I’m at home on my own Wi-Fi. Does everyone here keep their VPN on all the time, or only use it on public Wi-Fi and when they need it?
it depends on what you want to achieve
I don’t trust ISPs, so I keep a VPN on as much ad possible. Especially home internets that are directly associated with you.
Keep the VPN on all the time for most things.
Its always better to be (relatively) safe then sorry
As usual, depends.
ISP monitoring is usually a law enforcement thing rather than a “sell your browsing history” thing (at least in the UK with the mix of surveillance and privacy laws, don’t know about the US) and most of the time I don’t really care if they know I’m browsing and playing this and that. In fact maybe even want them to know so they know I’m not a threat. I switch it on as a safety net for torrenting or more private matters (that’s not to say private matters are illegal, but I’m sure we all know that here anyway) or to appear in different country when needed for streaming to to avoid online safety act ID check crap. I’m sure the powers that be know people do that too
It’s best on 24/7 yeah but it gets in the way of too many things for my liking. Too many site bans and captchas for sites that I don’t care about keeping private. YMMV.