I don’t understand the meaning of this passage in the Sparrow documentation.
if you are using Tor, Sparrow will broadcast over Tor through a public server. This is actually more private than broadcasting from your own node
Sparrow documentation
Does this mean that even if I connect Sparrow to my own Bitcoin Core Node, Sparrow will not broadcast the transaction through local Node, but will instead broadcast it through some public server?
And this is better for privacy because it prevents the initial broadcast nodes of multiple transactions from being analyzed and linked?
If so, how does Sparrow determine whether it is using Tor or not? How do I configure it to use Tor?
I’m currently running Sparrow in Whonix and connecting it to local Bitcoin Core Node. With autoSwitchProxy = false. Will Sparrow broadcast transactions through a public server?
And If I use Electrum and connect it to my own Electrum server, does Electrum handle this in the same way? Can Electrum also be configured to work like Sparrow?