What launcher are you using? And how do you trust it?

I suppose the argument in favor of what is pre-installed on your tablet, is that it comes from the same 3rd party that shipped the ROM used on the that tablet so you’ve got to trust them regardless of whether you use the Launcher. And that Lawnchair was last updated in 2018 and its successor Lawnchair 2 was last updated in 2019. I’m not saying don’t use it, that is up to you, but it is worth considering.

2 Likes

They are still updating it, but only providing automated debug builds on their repo for some reason.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by:

This branch houses the codebase of Lawnchair 14, currently in development and based on Launcher3 from Android 14.

Your point does still stand, as those aren’t standard versions, and are debug enabled builds, in addition of being unable to be downloaded from Play Store even with the beta program or even have any auto-update system in place in those. (Can’t even get those from Obtainium either since those are automatised GitHub actions, except i don’t know how)

KISS Launcher. Simple and powerful.

1 Like

I’ve recently switched to Niagara Launcher, replacing Nova, which is privacy-friendly.

Default GrapheneOS one since 3 weeks now. Took some time to get used to.
But there are some things I have 0 trust.
Keyboard and Launcher are part of it

I’m using Niagara Launcher. Once you are used to it, you can’t really go back.

1 Like

I use KISS launcher on my Pixel. It is functional but relatively minimal, and FOSS.

KISS Launcher