Remove Signal

See this.

Conspiracy bullshit deserves no place on this forum.

What part of that are you classifying as ‘conspiracy bullshit’?

I did nit waste my time reading it all but the author clearly has no idea how idea how signal works. They talk about meta data collection whilst signal not being able to do so by design. Also they also talk about social graphs which by design are encrypted in signal.
Sorry but you got to get better sources not some random idiot in the internet with a blog. This man has clearly never looked at how signal works. The besides all the bullshit being put about intelligence agencies in the article its ridicule.

1 Like

It makes good points, no need to dismiss it as conspiratorial.

1 Like

The Signal whitepaper makes one (1) mention to metadata encryption as a reference to it as a future goal.

Also, what’s the bullshit being put out about intelligence agencies, exactly?

I can’t say about all the CIA and funding things, but when it comes to the technology complains, they all seem to be right and I think they should be discussed here. Maybe Signal needs to have some notes addressing these issues.

But until they address the many glaring issues, it shouldn’t be used under the assumption that it’s private or secure. and seeing as private, secure software is precisely the thing PrivacyGuides is meant to help with, recommending it would go against the very thing it stands for.

1 Like

the “CIA Funding” section is pure nonsense. It ostensibly supports its claim that the 90’s founded Radio Free Asia is identical to the 1950’s organization of the same name by citing a NYTimes article published in 1977. Its general thesis that US funding signifies honeypot status is unproven and irrational. Let’s not forget which entities invented the internet and tor.
There is plenty of legitimate criticism of Signal. A better source (or source of sources) is its Wikipedia article: Signal (software) - Wikipedia

1 Like

Thread has been removed, as per our misinformation rules.

This particular source has been debunked many times in other places.

1 Like

Could you link some debunking threads? I looked and can’t find any.