Remove Skiff

I’m surprised that the audit didn’t determine that to be a flaw, so between that and still sending marketing emails to people’s recovery addresses.

I really dislike these these kind of blog posts. CTemplar did that for a while and I do clearly remember pulling them up on that.

As we begin to shift focus to our shared efforts with Notion, we will be closing down Skiff’s product suite after a 6-month sunset period We are deeply appreciative of the trust users have extended to us, and we are committed to honoring that trust by ensuring that all data on Skiff is easily exportable. For the next 6 months, Skiff services will continue to operate without disruption, and users can freely duplicate, migrate, or export data. You can now also set up a forwarding address to redirect mail to any other provider.

I wonder if their VC decided the current model was unsustainable. There must be a reason in which they don’t want to just continue the product as is. I wrote this in the other thread:

I suspect the other reason maybe that Notion thinks they can do a better job with marketing, which I certainly think improvements there could have been made. Unfortunately rather than having someone with that background certain people were wearing multiple hats.

4 Likes