I was recently looking into atomic linux distributions, and I was trying to install my preferred browser onto one. From research, I have heard that installing browsers from flatpaks interfere with the browsers own sandbox, and that using rpm-ostree to install stuff should be a last resort because it can break updates. Since the only other option that leaves is Distrobox, is it a good idea to install a browser using Distrobox or should I just use rpm-ostree?
sha123
2
I’d simply layer it.
Related topics
| Topic | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Correct way to install browsers on Linux securely? | 19 | 3389 | April 29, 2025 | |
| Is it best (for security) to install browsers via Flatpak or via a distribution's repositories on Linux? | 13 | 1585 | May 5, 2026 | |
| Flatpaks and browsers | 2 | 571 | January 27, 2026 | |
| Software help in Bazzite (Host) and Fedora (Distrobox) | 6 | 543 | February 6, 2026 | |
| Which browsers could I safely use on Fedora? | 4 | 3198 | December 15, 2023 |