Google Project Zero shuts down zero days used by U.S allies

Great to see companies like Google and Kaspersky exposing and patching Zero days used by Governments even if it is used to catch really bad people. Ignore author whining.

Unrelated: Facebook (Meta) would never do the same

2 Likes

This is very old news, and it’s also a pretty dumb take. Arguing that we shouldn’t report and patch vulnerabilities because the “good guys” might be using them is barely one step away from arguing that we should be adding backdoors to all our software just in case the “good guys” aren’t able to find a vulnerability themselves. I know exactly 0 people in the infosec industry who would argue in favor of backdoors, besides apparently this guy.

I find it a little hard to believe that “a considerable number of colleagues in the security research community” agree with this post (maybe ones employed by the DOD do lol), given that all morning all I’ve seen about this post from the cybersecurity professionals which I interact with online has been pretty much roasting it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

signal-2024-06-25-08-34-28-401

2 Likes

Oh well, I am sure Kapersky getting banned in the US has nothing to do with it…

1 Like

https://xcancel.com/mncoppola/status/1805276016392184044#m

Good to see people have common sense and not fall into the le terrorism and think of the children lies.

1 Like

EDIT: VessOnSecurity: "Hey, guys, wanna hear a brand-new conspiracy theo…" - Infosec Exchange