For paid Proton users, should they use Proton Pass aliases or SimpleLogin aliases?

It’s the same as if you use Proton Pass to create the aliases.

No, you shouldn’t need to create a contact just to reply to a message. I just double checked myself and my proton email and name weren’t exposed. Have you actually tested it to confirm?

You are so correct. I just tested it and it is working with a reply, just like you stated.

It was not that way when I started early on with SimpleLogin. I had replied to an email that I started with a company. They answered my “reply” asking if the Proton email address I replied from was my actual email address. After that happened, I started “forwarding” any response using the SimpleLogin “contact” option.

So, I am happy if I don’t need to do all those extra steps. Thank you for checking into this.

Just want to clarify something. When it comes to online accounts, like social media and other stuff, you are only allowed one alias per third party website. But when it comes to using aliases just for emailing, as in, it’s not tied to any online account, you can create as many as you want for the same domain.

What I means is, if I am emailing 3 separate people who don’t’ know each other but all use gmail, I am allowed to create 3 different Proton Pass aliases for each contact. I don’t have to use the same alias.