Error when trying to change my password

Hm. I’m not aware of any password limitations. :thinking:

Assuming it’s a randomly generated password that you don’t use anywhere else, would you be willing to share what you entered here so I can troubleshoot with it?

1 Like

I just generate the strongest passwords possible in KeePassDX and then adjust it accordingly if I get an error that the password is too long, etc.

0=ÏRI¦¸*8¼Ñ:X(²µðBi1k-²süïW-½É]¥¦"keêâu4¸ï¶Û¼_ô1îxYËÜÃÐÁ&ù¾^ãf¡²v%<γbÒ-ø·òygR ©Ì{"¾BóB8}1Ds3hQu¸h²>¶X<²ÙVÿï«H¡£¹HúÌGÁi.çüfZ3ü³ëúÀB9º!E2!v/üñ}¨ÎqÀ²¥Â¿ûNß’9píY¢jÞÛ!]NÿÔyûUËѦPÜ$ê’c’uµ_UÎíõ;íVÇÆkÌQÝÒ¼%CÌ!)Läç©.,Ú®^fÂóÁ1ÿsç¥R§ê§^»£3Ñ1+&Íö?kaTðÆáÁÅ¢)%g¸Oæîé¨Òż£ÄܳÂuéícÃbº9ë§dè0½{qìËv¸;Ì}Ä7¯æ73ÚëÆ¥¿ïpRYÿ>+.'M÷õFdïg+¯®ÌK,íôD@V6Ob±õÛéÓñwQüî_¬8!rÉæ!cñÔó0áIL;ÓÓã!5Ðd°µÊçÞ¯ZìØÜdS>¨3e(Uë[èHLÙ{üFzJ}àI-£Ý¯cVù"óg{ÞCqE·Àjèð¥w¨m!:!,¯s>¹üÒÍÆVÖð¤¥ÐOºÆ(YÏw!8@¦µAzIÍö%¾i\;Å-vWC>å3Úu$Âízç.'{Þ¿Þ6 µÛ.9ØFUÀµ¼´ñä³Ò à$VÊtNè0@ïIí?,>Èt$hSø¸èÁØ^@f>Ø ûmÓdYxäAÀ3a)ª«²zĽÊùMö³)©ýÿRÅÓgÃqߢ¤QcF6ç¯dJ§±írÚµÍ%ò«©iöÂæ0ÔÙ÷Dµ¼Cjòxö3sCüøÎÿØ]<MÄtG¤oM>á±_i!(íbrGÈôfpñwçØá÷øÈHd±rűV6xª17&8ÞÒ=ÝaáÀíeQ¸hþä=iÄ?NÒXß]T¶þØc*Ü©%zê2¨«Ôøé6üeÀÿG¼0CX?µòwƲxòбÅy6{<uîyìbË,+ÅÍj,dÊb([NN¬µï&np,M01º¼°´x,ìè3TêtÄÌÔ6è¶Ñ%[ÎxÇPAÂebÜù``ý_2buÊκ¼=A"rzj)ÉnÑ-/]äHtUØÉÈÔ¬-,Å,9:oð¼qsçR¤4Ë©Tg@æsàÈ!.ª0ߢ®oªùÿ%YrcPfÚ5f[ÆKÔã/óÌ(ÜU¯<@°3:þÌÅ&ã@àüÊÿYw»*MÚ*궮õZð³;íB·¢ygÈòÜÞVÆsÈn&Åë*XDwo!Bmһб®êþFgª¡ ü÷Tpd@V²2HÁ㣿Sgį³ÕÊÀ5´ß[çrqDãõXk^ëYq"a ¥ÚÐueâ½ç¢[ÅXà]Umå

Using excessively long passwords or extended character sets is asking for trouble.

Many websites won’t encode it properly or will have inconsistent checks on client/server side and may silently trim or strip them.

64 characters of random ASCII is more than enough.

4 Likes

I would read this excellent article regarding password strength carefully. The thing you’re doing makes absolutely no sense.

1 Like

Which categories in KeePassDX password generator are ASCII?

Definetly the last option (the one with ñ), i dont know about the others. You can use something like this to test your options to make sure you elimimated all non-ascii options before you generate your password: Check for non-ASCII

Note: i haven’t used the site so your milage may vary

1 Like

It was only the last option, thanks.