Enabling Bitlocker on the Windows 11 Home Edition

Hello
Point 1:
“Access [Advanced Startup Options. You need to reboot while pressing the F8 key before Windows starts and” This doesn’t work on all Laptops (for example on my HP Envy it didn’t).
I would suggest replacing it with:
Windows 11 : Settings → System → Recovery → Click on the “Restart Now” next to “Advanced Startup”
Windows 10: Settings → Recovery → Click on the “Restart Now” under the section of “Advanced Startup”

Point 2:
The guide then suggests: “manage-bde -on c: -used”
This didn’t work on my machine, until I deleted the Shadow copies of Drive C. I used a command, which I can’t recall perfectly but it was something like “manage-bde -on c: -DeleteVolumeShadowCopies”
This should be added to the guide.

Point 3:
Doesn’t this guide only apply to Drive C? Shouldn’t we add a notice to encrypt all other available drives by replacing (C) with the name of the Drive?

Point 4:
It’s not clear if the user can safely delete (BitLocker-Recovery-Key.txt) from the Desktop after copying it to an external storage.

Point 5:
Shouldn’t we add a command to check if Bitlocker is really enabled? Otherwise we can just copy my checking method using the GUI in the comment below

Point 6:
I really think we should add a command to disable Bitlocker if needed (as this method doesn’t exist anywhere online so there isn’t any guide to deactivate Bitlocker using the command line)

P.S: Thanks so much for this guide, which I couldn’t find anywhere on the internet besides Privacyguides. You guys rock :slight_smile: