Concerns About Sekur.com's Privacy Claims

I wanted to bring attention to some concerning practices and claims made by Sekur.com, a company marketing itself as a privacy-focused communication solution. After investigating their website and public statements, I’ve found several red flags that I believe our community should be aware of:

Dubious Claims

1. Sekur claims that “99.8% of all hacks are open source” without providing any supporting evidence. This statement contradicts widely accepted cybersecurity knowledge.
  2. They use buzzwords like “military grade end-to-end encryption” without substantiating these claims or providing technical details.

Lack of Transparency

1. Sekur’s products are entirely proprietary and not open source, which they actually tout as a feature.
  2. There’s no evidence of third-party security audits for their products.

Website Issues

1. Their website employs various trackers, including potential keyboard and mouse tracking. You can verify this using the Blacklight Report on Sekur.
  2. They use ads on their website, which seems at odds with their privacy-focused marketing.

Other Concerns

1. They do not accept cryptocurrency payments, which might be important for some privacy-conscious users.

Evidence

I’ve compiled some screenshots and archives to support these points:

I replied to this one: x.com

Similar post was also covered in the Techlore forum by someone else. I wanted to add it here as well for better visibility.

3 Likes

Kinda hilarious how they try to spin being proprietary as a selling point

3 Likes

Sekur is just wild, they’re out here blocking people who are criticising them.

https://x.com/jhdn/status/1819364799479767304

2 Likes

There are so mang of these. Just ignore it.

4 Likes

Looks like a honeypot. They use jargon to confuse people.
“100% company owned hardware” means they can probably read everything.
This is the next encrochat.

2 Likes

I was going to comment the same thing. This is exactly how a honeypot would market themselves to catch the “low hanging fruit” of people who don’t know any better.

I’d say that any brand/product that resorts to blocking people on social media is probably untrustworthy.

3 Likes