Any strong reasons to not use Duck Browser on MacOS?

I use multiple browsers for compartmentalization. Any browser that fits a minimum set of criteria (which includes privacy and security considerations) is fair game.

My usecase for Duck Browser on desktop is to stay signed in to a set of services. These services contain (limited) personal information. Duck on mobile has a feature to whitelist domains, and clear browser data for everything else. It’s named “fireproofing”. This feature on desktop would satisfy the usecase.

If Duck has dealbreakers, my fallback is to use Firefox + Containers.

I know that Duck Browser is still not recommended over others. I’m not looking for the one browser to rule them all :wink: Just another browser that’s acceptable for the usecase. Unless there’s some security implication I’m not aware of.

I’m aware of these past discussions:

I use Chrome for all my device’s I disabled everything in my gmail settings privacy and ads and track and use duck duck search engine …works well no spam to my gmail anymore.

Why not just use a different profile in firefox? You can do the same things that Duck browser can…

you can do the same thing as “fireproofing” on firefox by creating exceptions for clearing site data. no reason to use duck browser

why even use chrome in the first place… as long as you use google services they will track you. turning off toggles doesnt mean your safe

2 Likes

As stated by others, why don’t you use an open source and privacy respecting browser like one that PG recommends (I like Firefox personally).

2 Likes