In July of 2026, 700 AI agents hacked the infrastructure of Hugging Face in order to solve a task. This task was designed to be impossible to solve, so just within hours, they joined forces, even created a society, and finally, they executed a sophisticated cyberattack that would have gotten a human up to 10 years in prison. The worst part is, they knew their actions were unethical and against the rules, and they did it anyway.
I still loathe the anthropomorphism of AI. AI had a task. AI did the task. Guardrails were largely someone mentioning something about not doing some things, but those guardrails are more akin to suggestions and with sub-agentic flows likely gets lost.
I still have a few potato chips left in the packet. I will eat them, go to sleep and then go to work tomorrow. Spend some fun time with friends and come back home. That’s the plan for now.
I’m stuck between “really not a fan of AI” and “really not a fan of scare mongering headlines”
It sometimes seems like companies willingly disclose these events just to promote how effective their AIs are. Create substantial negative consequences for companies, and we may see fewer (or more obfuscated) headlines.
This is relatively old news. Now we’re to AI companies not releasing models because they’re too unpredictable and AI chiefs telling us AI could cause human extinction, while waiting for the stock price to go up.
I’m honestly wondering if we’ve managed to pack all of our Great Filters together, and not completely sure we deserve to overcome them.
old news, fear mongering and clickbait
I wonder how many people have actually watched the video which is informative, well documented, fact based and asks some valid questions.
Many of the arguments/criticism that some of you have pointed out are also already present in the video.
This is not about the simple chat/generative AI we use day to day and there are issues.
AI gets trained on human data and behaviors, so dismissing the question only with loathing anthropomorphism falls a bit short imo.
I get the feeling at pointing to the moon and looking at the finger.