Who Is Privacy Guides For?

Hopefully my reply to Jonah helps to clarify my very wordy original post!

I do not know if the forum already has about online privacy to other fields that may indirectly affect that previous central premise. …), I don’t know if I have explained myself correctly at this point, but well, it’s just a proposal.

Obviously, it depends on how the moderators feel about maintaining a targeted discussion about the effect that things like legislature and wider social issues have on privacy, but I think that would be an interesting topic!

I think it would be good to increase… the spectrum of ideas and concepts that are handled… both in more complex planes… as well as in simpler levels…

If someone with the development skills to create something like this wanted to contribute, we’d be happy to come up with a guide/flowchart/content for such a questionnaire, but I don’t have the time to build it.

This kind of thing sounds really useful and—especially in light of this discussion (so far)—like something that could help to maintain the existing scope and spirit of Privacy Guides without requiring us to spend too much time on deciding whether to do guesswork about readers, make rigid criteria that goes beyond minimum requirements, and so on!

I briefly mentioned that “I have some fun information-taxonomy ideas of my own”, and they’re on exactly these kinds of lines. An interactive quiz (etc.) would be really cool, but I don’t think it even needs to go that far: the information on Privacy Guides is already fantastic, and I think some writing UX and organization could help make the reader experience a bit more accessible. :smile:

Thing like the admonitions and cards are already making strides, in my opinion.

If it’s something the team and community would be interested in, I’d happily put together a little overview of my ideas (like a diagram, or something), because I’d love to work on it!

2 Likes