Threema (Instant Messenger)

Good morning.

@jonah
I can understand Wire’s case, although with respect to their legislation, it is better than the alternatives you recommend (Server location: Signal=USA. Applicable legislation in decentralised cases: Session=Australia, Element=UK… while the legislation applicable to Wire is that of the European Union (better than that of the other services)), but well, I can understand it.
Regarding Threema, I think that the fact that it is a paid service should not rule it out as an option to consider, for the same reason that a paid VPN is always recommended over a free one. With a paid service you can be more confident that they won’t benefit financially from your information, as you are already paying them directly, plus, as you say, Threema doesn’t have any technical problems (or doesn’t seem to). By the way, you can pay for the Threema license with Bitcoin, and this in my opinion is a favourable point to take into account.

@matchboxbananasynergy
About the PFS mentioned, the same happens with Session, as it does not support PFS but uses its own protocols and methods to offer a level of security-privacy similar to PFS. Threema, by the way, does the same as Session in this sense, it does not use PFS but mentions that it uses its own systems that in practice are very similar in results to PFS. Incidentally, Threema acts legislatively in an integrated manner in Switzerland, so in this respect it is much better than the options you recommend.